Wednesday 17 May 2017

Day 21 - 32 - A Staph Infection

Here are some highlights from the start of my journey, all the way till the second month before I officially began blogging.

Day 21







A little eczema patch that had grown on my right hand, taken just before a visit to a TCM physician, Dr Ong (she sucks and i'm never going back). The next day after leaving on herbal cream given by her. it felt like it was getting better. but no.


Day 23







Herbal medication was making things worse so i stopped. instead tried coconut oil and then physiogel. daftest thing i have ever done. this was when shit started getting real. my fingers were turning sore, and many fucking painful little blisters came bubbling to the surface.


Day 28






I started developing what seemed to be an infection. every morning when i woke up, the yellow stuff got yellower and the pain got worse. i showed my hands to hubby and he asked what medication i was using that was turning my fingers yellow. i wasn't using any. it was this infection in all its golden crusted glory. at this point, i freaked out and called in sick at work. the pain was unbearable - even gently brushing the skin made me cringe in pain.


Day 30






saturday night, we went out for Mother's Day dinner at Dempsey Jumbo, the parent in laws spent the entire evening discussing my condition, planning out my next course of action. I have the awesomest in-laws in the world :) i was in pain, but still felt so loved and protected, all thanks to them! oh i should mention at this point, i was already feeling zingers. i thought my blood circulation was getting cut off and i was going to get gangrene!


Day 31





The next day, I went to work and proceeded to freak the fuck out of the entire office. lots of screams of horror ensued. anyway, on the bright side, I didn't realise it yet but the yellow skin was turning thick and chunky and started to peel off.


Day 32





Decided to pay a visit to my 'dear friend' the derm to make sure i'm not at risk of losing my fingers. Derm very 'helpfully' informed me that i will be on steroids for the rest of my life. fuck you very much dear sir.

Terrifying, but in fact I was running the final leg of that dreadful infection. All the infected skin had dried up, hardened, and was waiting to come off. Bottom section of middle finger already cleared up with clean new skin. however, that was to be the start of a new nightmare. 



No comments:

Post a Comment